Marketing within your own digital properties—such as your organization’s website, blog or social media pages—is an effective way to build deeper relationships with existing customers and attract the attention of new ones.
This course covers the unique opportunities of “owned media” and how those differ from “paid media”. You will learn more about content marketing, search engine optimization, social media “fan pages”, mobile apps, and virtual reality apps and assess the relevancy of owned media initiatives for your own marketing objectives. By the end of this course, you will have a plan outlining a strategy for your own potential use of these channels.
You are required to have completed the following courses or have equivalent experience before taking this course:
- Understanding the Digital Marketing Landscape and the Customer Funnel
- Assessing Opportunities in Paid Digital Media
Faculty AuthorClarence Lee
Benefits to the Learner
- Understand the opportunities and strategies for the primary owned media channels
- Assess the relevance of owned media channels to addressing specific customer needs and marketing objectives
- Identify resources that can assist with use of specific owned media channels
- Draft a marketing plan for use of owned media