- Property managers
- Real estate investors, developers, and financiers
- Aspiring or current professionals at real estate investment trusts (REITs) or advisory firms
- Anyone affiliated with the creation and use of real estate as a financial asset
- Real Estate Property Management Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 60 Professional Development Hours (6 CEUs)
- 60 credits towards the BOMI Continuing Professional Development Program (CPD)
Anyone involved in decisions surrounding real estate investing, or its development, financing, or management, needs to be conversant in and informed about property management. To be successful in real estate, you need to organize the daunting and often seemingly chaotic real estate processes into a clear, logical, and coherent whole.
This program provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to fully understand the integral components of the real estate business. By exploring a potential asset from the perspective of the owner as well as the property manager, you will acquire a robust skill set pertaining to the development process, project planning, and project implementation. You will begin by looking at the distinctions among different types of property maintenance issues and how to best address them in order to reduce expenses and environmental impact. Next, you will examine the role of the asset manager along with best practices for developing an asset management strategy based on the type of asset and the owner’s objectives. Using market analysis, you will acquire the skills to determine a leasing strategy to optimize revenue. The coursework will equip you with the tools you need to address property management issues including labor, code, financial management, and renovations, as well as the opportunity to explore some of the common issues and solutions associated with building systems. At the conclusion of the program, you will determine a comprehensive sustainability strategy for a property and identify the necessary steps to align it with day-to-day operations.For the best experience in this program it is recommended to take these courses in the order that they appear.