- Current and aspiring programmers, software developers, and engineers
- Computer and data scientists
- Scientists interested in learning programming
- Data analysts and business analysts
- Database managers
- Technical and systems analysts
- Business managers
- Technical and engineering leaders
- Professionals in any industry who need to communicate and interpret data
- Python 360 Certificate from Cornell Bowers College of Computing and Information Science
- 220-225 Professional Development Hours (22-22.5 CEUs)
Python is one of today’s most popular cornerstone programming languages, with versatile uses across fields such as data science, software development, machine learning, and A.I. As you complete the Python 360 Certificate program, you will gain an end-to-end understanding of the language and its adaptability to different applications and complex challenges. Throughout the core courses of the program, you will design, code, test, visualize, analyze, and debug Python functions and programs. As you discover how to write in and use Python, you will also develop essential techniques that will help you become a successful programmer, analyst, or software engineer, regardless of which language you are using.
After completing your foundational courses, you will have the opportunity to choose three electives that align your personal areas of interest with applicable skills and frameworks in areas ranging from user-centered design, to statistics, to communication. Ultimately, you’ll come away with not only the technical skills to grow your career in a technical field or function, but also with the exceptional problem-solving ability that will set you apart in any industry.
You will be required to purchase “Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals” by Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic to complete your coursework in Storytelling with Data.
The courses in this certificate program are required to be completed in the order that they appear.