Human resource professionals must navigate and deal with a wide range of legal and policy issues in the workplace. They must know the responsibilities and boundaries of their own role, and they must assess issues and consult appropriate legal or expert counsel.
This course will help current and aspiring HR managers and staff to establish a structured framework for systematic analysis of employee issues that may have legal implications. It focuses on the layers of employee rights, the HR role, appropriate consultation with legal counsel, and the use of a step-by-step process in the assessment of workplace issues. By the end of this course, you will develop a systematic foundation for managing employment law issues.
Faculty AuthorSusan Brecher & Alexander Colvin
Benefits to the Learner
- Recognize the layers of employee rights among employment laws, agreements, and policies
- Assess the role of an HR professional in dealing with employment issues within an organization
- Identify relevant organizational policies and consultants when addressing potential legal violations
- Adopt a method for systemic analysis of employee relations issues
- HR managers and executives in any industry
- HR professionals seeking to develop an area of specialization
- HR leaders expanding into the global market
- Legal professionals
- Global HR leaders
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-Program-512337 10.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-CKKCX 10.0 Credits