When your audience can quickly and efficiently understand what the data is telling them without having to scour every row and column, they can gain insights from your analysis more efficiently. In this course, you will apply the power of Excel pivot tables to see your data from multiple perspectives, use data visualization techniques that effectively communicate your analysis to your audience, create charts that quickly and clearly visualize your analysis, and apply the principles of graphical integrity to your charts.
The courses Getting Started with Spreadsheet Modeling and Business Analytics and Harvesting Spreadsheet Data are required to be completed prior to starting this course.
Faculty AuthorDonna L. Haeger, Professor of Practice, Cornell Dyson School
Benefits to the Learner
- Apply pivot tables to see your data from multiple perspectives
- Use data visualization techniques to effectively communicate your analysis
- Create accurate and appealing charts from your data
- Understand and apply the principles of graphical integrity to your data and charts
- Anyone who manages functional or financial data to inform business decisions
- Managers and executives responsible for resource allocation and reporting
- Analysts interested in developing a business management mindset to make their analyses and data visualizations more meaningful to stakeholders
- New analysts or people interested in moving into an analyst role
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who need to visualize data or want a refresher on using a modern version of Excel
- People in office support roles, administrative and executive assistants
- People providing support at any level