Organizations today face a multitude of challenges when it comes to effectively managing their talent. In mature markets, demographic trends are forcing companies to accelerate their efforts to build a pipeline of future leaders. In emerging markets, companies must develop talent strategies that are both nimble and effective at engaging and retaining key human capital. To achieve these goals, companies need an integrated, systematic approach to attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining critical talent.
Cornell University Professor Brad Bell offers a learning experience that challenges students to dig deeper into understanding their organization’s key talent management challenges and uncovers solutions that can be used to overcome these challenges. This course adopts a systems view of talent management in order to demonstrate that various talent practices and processes need to be aligned to create effective solutions. It also examines current trends and cutting-edge thinking in the talent management field.
Bradford S. Bell, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Director of Executive Education, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, Cornell University
Benefits to the Learner
- How to assess an organization’s approach to managing talent and its alignment with overall business strategy
- Ways to select talent assessment and identification tools and processes that align with your organization’s talent philosophy
- Devise strategies for developing, engaging, and retaining key talent
- Techniques for fostering a culture that supports talent management efforts and delivers on an organization’s employment brand
- How to measure the effectiveness of individual talent programs and monitor the health of an organization’s talent management system
This course is meant for HR professionals with 5+ years of experience whether you are currently working as a strategic business partner, within an HR leadership role, or actively aspiring towards one. Learners are welcome from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
It’s also appropriate for students enrolled in eCornell’s 6-course Advanced Certificate in Strategic HR Management, recruiters, and learning and development professionals.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-510602 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-TR5WF 10.0 Credits