A thorough understanding of your organization's value creation model and ability to develop competencies through processes, technology, and people are essential to ensuring that the HR organization is aligned vertically and horizontally to produce superior results. With this understanding, HR will be able to articulate how it can improve processes, people and customer outcomes, and financial results.
This course, based on the research and expertise of Christopher Collins, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Executive Education for Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, develops the skills needed to assess how organizations create value and to align the HR function to execute the organization's strategy. Participants analyze the Balanced Scorecard approach as a means of vertically aligning the HR system with organizational objectives. They learn how to create a vertical-alignment strategy and use it to improve HR decision-making, people outcomes, processes, customer outcomes, and financial results. And they learn the skills required to plan and assess horizontal alignment of HR systems and practices. Finally, the course discusses best practices related to workforce partitioning, performance variability, value identification, and employee impact.
Faculty AuthorChristopher J. Collins, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Center for Advanced Human Resources Studies
Benefits to the Learner
- Discuss how an organization delivers value through coordinating people, processes, and technologies
- Develop a plan to structure an organization's people, processes, and technologies to create maximum value for stakeholders
- Use human resources alignment to maximize employee performance
- Apply the balanced scorecard to improve HR decision making
This course is designed for manager-, director-, and executive-level HR professionals who are charged with improving HR's ability to contribute to organizational strategy and success. It is also appropriate for HR professionals seeking the strategic skills required for advancement to management and leadership positions.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Strategic Management Units Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-301469 6.0 Hours
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-334131 6.0 Hours
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Business Units Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-372469 6.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Approval Number 19-4QYUV 6.0 Credits