Effective HR leadership goes beyond managing all the tasks and responsibilities carried out by the HR function. It also requires the critical soft skills needed from any leader—courage, judgment, influence, political agility, effective communication—all of these applied to the unique position that HR occupies in an organization.
Written by Cornell University’s Christopher J. Collins, Associate Professor and Director of CAHRS, ILR School, this course will teach you to assess competencies for great HR leaders. You’ll learn how to provide value to leaders at all levels by supporting and advising them as they execute their strategy. Discover new effective coaching techniques and learn how to become a leader in the unique position that the HR function occupies.
Faculty AuthorPatrick M. Wright, PhD, William J. Conaty GE Professor of Strategic Human Resources
Benefits to the Learner
- Describe three major roles you can play as an HR leader
- Effectively influence business strategy as an HR leader
- Discuss factors that may derail leaders and strategy
- Implement guardrails to keep derailment from happening
This course is designed for manager-, director-, and executive-level HR professionals who are charged with improving HR's ability to contribute to organizational strategy and success. It is also appropriate for HR professionals seeking the strategic skills required for advancement to management and leadership positions.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Strategic Management Units 6.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-301467 6.0 Hours
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Business Units 10.0 Business Approval Number ORG-Program-509409 10.0 Business
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-PFGNA 10.0 Credits
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strategic Human Resources Leadership : Required Courses