Course DescriptionThis course is designed to expose you, the HR professional, to current practices and future trends in remote work and key "success factors" for remote work programs that you will be able to apply in your own organizations. Assess alignment of remote work with business goals, determine the best fit for your own organization and ensure measurable results. During the course, you will examine changes in leadership and technology to ensure a successful transition to virtual work environment.
Faculty AuthorBradford Bell, PhD, Associate Professor of Human Resource Studies and Director of Executive Education of the ILR School at Cornell University.
Benefits to the Learner
- Demonstrate an understanding of the business and human capital implications of remote work
- Partner with multiple stakeholders (e.g, operations, real estate, finance, IT, legal) to build a company culture that supports remote work
- Develop effective remote work policies and agreements
- Screen and select employees for remote work
- Use internet technology (IT), particularly social media, to keep remote workers connected and engaged
- Prepare managers to lead in a virtual environment
Target AudienceThis course is intended for: HR Business Partners, HR General Manager, Business Leaders with large number of off-site or global reports, and Program Managers of Worklife Balance Programs.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Business Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-512056 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-HWXKN 10.0 Credits