Course DescriptionIn this course, you will explore how to effectively attract and retain talent by creating a powerful employment brand that resonates with different parts of the workforce, and theory on effective selection of employees based on concepts of job and organizational fit. Through the business school approach of case studies you will apply the theories and uses of social media tools to your own organization. Explore how social media is shaping up to continue to be valuable to the HR professional, and apply this knowledge to your recruiting and retention activities today.
Faculty AuthorChris Collins, PhD, Associate Professor of Human Resource Studies and Director of Cornell University's Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies (CAHRS).
Benefits to the Learner
- Develop an employee value proposition and employer brand that resonates both inside and outside of the organization
- Effectively communicate the employer brand to constituencies both inside and outside the organization through social media tools
- Identify and leverage key principles of employee selection through your social media channels
- Use social media for tailored external searches and as key screening tool in the employee selection process
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-372478 6.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Approval Number 19-RD7WP 6.0 Credits