Driving internal social media strategy is a great way for HR to demonstrate value with executive leadership, and exert influence in the company across multiple functions such as marketing, sales, and communications. According to the SHRM 2012 Social Media Survey, 40% of organizations have a formal social media policy, and out of that 44% rely on HR to drive and enforce that policy.
This course explores current and anticipated trends in social media. With the help of several examples and expert advice, you will create a series of "frameworks" to assist you in thinking through the best approach towards developing solid and well thought-through social media policies.
Faculty AuthorSteve Miranda, Managing Director of Cornell University's Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies (CAHRS)
Benefits to the Learner
- Implement social media policies that take concepts including appropriateness, focus, and authority into account
- Avoid slippery slope situations such as blurring the line between personal opinion and company representation
- Promote a culture of openness, striking a balance between transparency and liability
- Understand and communicate trade-offs between optimizing work environments and legal concerns
- Provide social media policies that addresses modalities: certain forms of social media require more or less restrictive policies
- Know how to think through whether customized or "one size fits all" policies work best for your organization, and the types of risks to address with SM Policy
- Understand the steps required to assess and implement policy needed for an organization
Target AudienceThis course is intended for anyone with the responsibility for both creating and implementing social media policies including but not limited to: HR Generalist, HR Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Communications Manager.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Business Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-512040 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-C4AMT 10.0 Credits
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Social Media in HR: From Policy to Practice : Required Courses