This course explores HR's leadership role in guiding organizational strategy. You'll learn how to demonstrate leadership to influence various strategic, ethical, legal and financial (SELF) outcomes through HR policy. The SELF model of human resources leadership provides an easily understood framework for guiding company strategy.
You'll create a vertical-alignment strategy for the organization built around improving decision-making processes, accurately predicting outcomes, refining processes, even going so far as to drive profits.
You'll strategically align HR functions to meet stakeholder expectations, streamline processes and execute high-level strategies. Learn how diversity and inclusion can truly achieve bottom-line results. Develop a talent-management culture, increase employee engagement and retention, and use metrics to measure HR's impact on overall business outcomes.
Faculty AuthorSamuel B. Bacharach, PhD, McKelvey-Grant Professor
Benefits to the Learner
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Strategically align HR functions to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Streamline processes and execute high-level strategies.
- Demonstrate how diversity and inclusion can truly achieve bottom-line results.
- Develop a talent-management culture.
- Increase employee engagement and retention.
- Use metrics to measure HR's impact on overall business outcomes.
HR professionals seeking to explore advanced HR topics, key HR practices, tools and skills.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Strategic Management Units Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-264698 36.0 Hours
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units Approval Number ORG-PROGRAM-264698 36.0 Hours
Cornell University's School of Industrial Labor Relations (ILR)