Cornell University ILR School professors Kevin Hallock, Linda Barrington, and Stephanie Thomas are the thought leaders behind Cornell’s prestigious Institute for Compensation Studies. This team of authors and educators offers a learning experience that combines real-world case studies with an evidence-based, social science approach to the field of compensation. This course equips HR professionals with the tools and insights they need to apply a total-rewards view to compensation that aligns with their organization’s strategic goals and operational realities. This includes the Compensation Calculator, created by the Dean of the ILR School, Kevin Hallock, offering a method of job comparison that incorporates the total rewards view.
Kevin F. Hallock, Kenneth F. Kahn Dean and the Joseph R. Rich Professor of Economics and Human Resources Studies in the ILR School at Cornell University
Linda Barrington, Associate Dean of Outreach and Executive Director of the Institute for Compensation Studies (ICS) in the ILR School at Cornell University
Stephanie R. Thomas, Research Associate of the Institute for Compensation Studies (ICS) in the ILR School at Cornell University
Benefits to the Learner
- How to recognize and apply elements of the Total Rewards Framework
- Ways to identify the risks/costs of compensation in order to aid you in compensation decision making
- The point method and its uses so that you can be conversant in the ways organizations determine salary range
- Effective methods of communicating and implementing a plan to support your organization
- Ways to align the compensation strategy to the talent strategy
Target AudienceThis course is intended for HR professionals with 0-5 years of experience.
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-509401 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-RDS7Y 10.0 Credits
- WorldatWork Society of Certified Professionals 1.0 Credits