Choosing the most appropriate statistical test to answer your research questions will affect every aspect of your report. This course will focus on identifying the right test for your question. You will explore the relationship between the data set and the results obtained through statistical tests. You will practice writing a memo to your data analyst specifying the appropriate statistical test to answer your question. In selecting your testing methods, you will also consider the ethical implications of the test results.
It is recommended to only take this course if you have completed Interpreting and Communicating Data and Using Statistical Test to Make Decisions or have equivalent experience.
Faculty AuthorLiz Karns
Benefits to the Learner
- Identify the issue and variables which could answer the question
- Select the appropriate statistical test to give valid results
- Communicate statistical test needs to data analysts
- Evaluate the summary measure and statistical test, and consider the limits and ethical implications of results
- Professionals in any industry who need to communicate and interpret data
- Business managers utilizing analytics or benchmarking and comparison
- Professionals from any business function
- Government workers engaged in policy analysis
- Healthcare professionals
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Statistical Foundations : Core Courses