In this course, you will practice making informed decisions based on statistical results. You will be introduced to the techniques you will use to view statistical tests critically and recognize the limitations of statistical conclusions. Next, you will examine statistical reports in order to identify the underlying research question. You will then use these insights to compare tests and rate their validity. Finally, you will prepare a report for stakeholders, providing recommendations based on your interpretation of statistical results.
It is recommended to only take this course if you have completed Interpreting and Communicating Data or have equivalent experience.
Faculty AuthorLiz Karns
Benefits to the Learner
- Interpret the results of a statistical test
- Recognize limitations and choice implications of any statistical analysis
- Prepare a report on the results for stakeholders, including statistical significance and recommendations
- Professionals in any industry who need to communicate and interpret data
- Business managers utilizing analytics or benchmarking and comparison
- Professionals from any business function
- Government workers engaged in policy analysis
- Healthcare professionals
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Statistical Foundations : Core Courses