You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Even experienced project leaders will ask themselves “Why won’t people listen to me?” or “What went wrong with my plan?” Of all the skills critical to project leadership, emotional intelligence may be the most important—and least understood.
In this course, you will learn to identify, analyze, and manage emotions, both yours and your team members’.
It is a common mistake among project leaders to focus too heavily on the mechanics of project management while neglecting the critical people skills that keep everyone engaged and working harmoniously. In this course, from Robert Newman of Cornell’s College of Civil and Environmental Engineering, project leaders will explore concepts of emotional intelligence and practice skills relevant to managing emotions so that they can enjoy better project outcomes. You will focus on five critical aptitudes: communication, relationship management, decision making, conflict management, and motivation.
Faculty AuthorRobert Newman
Instructor, College of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Benefits to the Learner
- Practice increasing your self-awareness, increasing your ability to self- manage and develop your emotional intelligence
- Explore the importance of self-management
- Identify methods of managing emotions to optimize communication, improve decision making, and drive overall, team performance
Target AudienceTeam leaders, managers, and individual contributors responsible for the success of projects of initiatives of any size that involve teams of people. Students need no formal project management training or background.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 6.0 Units Approval Number 2646-CEPL501_6E 6.0 Units
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-543137 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 21-FZS45 10.0 Credits