You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Even experienced project leaders often find that regular meetings and status updates don't lead to meaningful communication. When the team doesn't fully understand project goals or how the work is going to get done, that lack of clarity will have a direct impact on whether the project is on time, within budget, and will lead to quality output. At the same time, team members may mislead you about their progress. Stakeholders may not always explain their expectations. Customers may be unclear about what they want and need. What's going wrong? And how can a project leader do better?
In this course, authored by Cornell Instructor Robert Newman, you will examine typical project-related communication problems and explore practical strategies for overcoming them. You’ll learn to host kick-offs and lead meetings that actually guide the team toward successful outcomes. You will practice communicating with a fresh, even sometimes unfamiliar, perspective in order to bring about productive and high-functioning working relationships.The course Leverage Emotional Intelligence for Project Results is required to be completed prior to starting this course.
Faculty AuthorRobert Newman, Instructor, College of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Benefits to the Learner
- Examine how to host kick-offs that set the stage for productive team performance
- Explore the best ways to share information with stakeholders
- Effectively communicate the project status and outlook, both to team members and stakeholders
- Examine effective ways to listen and encourage helpful team communication
- Establish best practices in communication
Target AudienceTeam leaders, managers, and individual contributors responsible for the success of projects of initiatives of any size that involve teams of people. Students need no formal project management training or background.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 6.0 Units Approval Number 2646-CEPL502_6E 6.0 Units
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-543144 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 21-2NRW5 10.0 Credits