You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
The ability to make effective and timely decisions is an essential skill for successful executives. Mastery of this skill influences all aspects of day-to-day operations as well as strategic planning. In this course, developed by Professor Robert Bloomfield, Ph.D. of Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management, you will hone your decision-making skills by following a methodology based on tested actions and sound organizational approaches. You will leave this course better equipped to confidently tackle any decision large or small, and you’ll do so in a way that creates the optimal conditions for success.
Faculty AuthorDr. Robert J. Bloomfield, Professor of Accounting and Academic Director of eLearning at the Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University
Benefits to the Learner
Responddecisively and consistently when faced with situations that require a decision
- Determine the most important features of the decision you need to make, based on the setting and the context
Recognize and compensate for psychological factors in yourself and in others that affect decision quality
- Incorporate available information into decisions, with an awareness of the limitations of that information
- Establish responsibilities and accountabilities to ensure effective followthrough on decisions made
This course is intended for mid- to upper-level managers, high potentials, and senior leaders with over three years experience. Learners may come from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 6.0 Units Approval Number 2646-LSM582_6E 6.0 Units
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-Program-543548? 10.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 21-EFDCQ 10.0 Credits