You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
The management of diversity and inclusion has evolved from a focus on compliance to a strategic-level effort with a demonstrated positive impact on an organization's performance. In the current business climate, companies that strive for both diversity and inclusion are achieving intended business results. They provide the proof that diversity and inclusion are much more than a legal or moral requirement; they’re also a competitive advantage.
This course provides an overview of the evolution of the management of diversity and inclusion and presents targeted and high-involvement diversity practices. It examines diversity in the contexts of teams and leaders, and it frames diversity in terms of current business and cultural challenges.
During this course, you will complete a project in which you identify sources of inclusion, align inclusion to improve employee engagement and business results, and determine methods to assess the effectiveness of inclusion initiatives. At the end of the course, you will use the results from the project to prepare a final presentation describing how to apply your work to your organization.
Faculty AuthorLisa H. Nishii, Ph.D.
Benefits to the Learner
- Distinguish between diversity and inclusion
- Assess stereotypes and prejudices that may influence behavior in work groups
- Describe methods to reduce prejudice and improve psychological safety in work groups
- Assess the three sources of inclusion in a workplace (organizational, work group, and immediate supervisor)
- Executives responsible for strategic culture efforts
- Team managers and supervisors
- Anyone interested in creating an inclusive and supportive culture that promotes equal opportunities and treatment of employees
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-Program-509379 10.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-W2URZ 10.0 Credits
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diversity and Inclusion : Required Courses