You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Organizations everywhere are racing to plan for the effects of climate change on the global supply chain. These impacts present complex challenges which will only heighten over time — from effects on human health and the food supply to the weather and the water cycle to the economy and transportation.
This course provides an overview of climate change science and its impacts on the global food system. In the first part of this course, you will explore the causes of climate change so you can begin to assess how you can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. You will also evaluate potential impacts posed by climate change on your industry using relevant, research-based evidence from leading experts. Throughout the program, you will use climate change terminology and be able to accurately introduce it into your organization’s daily dialog, culture, planning, and operational decisions.
As your course progresses, you will have the opportunity to analyze risks and opportunities related to the production, transportation, processing, packaging, storage, and sales of your organization's products. Ultimately, you’ll come away better prepared to adapt to and mitigate the impacts of climate change on your business and contribute to potential solutions.
Faculty AuthorMichael Hoffmann and Danielle Eiseman
Benefits to the Learner
- Assess potential impacts posed by climate change on your organization
- Incorporate important climate change terminology in daily dialog, culture, planning, and operational decisions
- Analyze risks and opportunities related to supply chain and transportation
- Define risks and opportunities in the processing, packaging, and storage of products
- Organizational decision makers
- Risk and supply chain managers
- Anyone interested in understanding the impacts of climate change and working towards solutions