You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
A company’s financial performance, and its ability to grow and thrive over time, can be assessed through ratio analysis, the basic evaluation tool for asset management, solvency and profitability. Whether you are managing the financial performance of a department, unit, or the organization as a whole, working with these ratios can help identify opportunities and allow you to make adjustments to improve performance.
As you become familiar with asset management ratios such as days sales outstanding and days to turnover, you will be able to apply these techniques in comparing your company’s performance against others in the industry and against its own financial history. The ratio analysis tools you learn will help your organization to design and implement initiatives for increased productivity and profitability.
The course Understanding Financial Statements is required to be completed prior to starting this course.
Steven Carvell, PhD, Associate Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Scott Gibson, PhD, Assistant Professor
Benefits to the Learner
- Use ratio analysis to identify areas of strong financial performance and those that need improvement
- Accurately assess the financial performance of a department, unit, or organization relative to its competitors or to its own past performance
Participants in this course need one of the following financial calculators:
Both are available for purchase directly from Amazon.com.
Target AudienceThis course is valuable to all professionals who work in financial reporting and data analysis.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 6.75 Units Approval Number 2646-HAME514_6E 6.75 Units
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Business Units 10.0 Business Approval Number ORG-Program-543330 10.0 Business
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 21-QZ7YZ 10.0 Credits