You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
In order to execute the most informed business analyses, we need the right tools for making predictions from data. Excel provides powerful predictive analytic tools that let the user forecast trends and make predictions with historical data.
In this course, you will conduct financial analyses by comparing loan scenarios using financial functions, identifying what values are needed to achieve a desired result, and quickly identifying how changes in your data will impact outcomes. You will leave this course with the ability to leverage reliable historical data to generate simulations and make predictions.
It is recommended to only take this course if you have completed Getting Started with Spreadsheet Modeling and Business Analytics or have equivalent experience.
Faculty AuthorDonna L. Haeger, Professor of Practice, Cornell Dyson School
Benefits to the Learner
- Analyze financial data using Excel
- Forecast and predict data using Excel analytics
- Create variable data tables
- Understand basic analytic simulations
- Anyone who manages functional or financial data to inform business decisions
- Managers and executives responsible for resource allocation and reporting
- Analysts interested in developing a business management mindset to make their analyses and data visualizations more meaningful to stakeholders
- New analysts or people interested in moving into an analyst role
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who need to visualize data or want a refresher on using a modern version of Excel
- People in office support roles, administrative and executive assistants
- People providing support at any level