You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
CPR: Basic Life Support is the first peer-reviewed small animal CPR course that teaches the essential concepts needed to maximize outcomes in patients with cardiopulmonary arrest. When a cardiopulmonary arrest occurs in your practice, having a well-trained team ready to provide high-quality CPR may be the difference between life and death for your patient.
Authored by Daniel J. Fletcher, PhD, DVM, DACVECC, Associate Professor of Emergency and Critical Care at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, this course teaches the evidence-based Basic Life Support (BLS) guidelines developed by the Reassessment Campaign on Veterinary Resuscitation (RECOVER) Initiative. It is the only BLS course endorsed by the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS), and is the only course that provides official certification in veterinary CPR through the American College of Veterinary Emergency Critical Care (ACVECC).
Certification in BLS by the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care will be conferred upon completion, and a certificate suitable for display in your practice will be provided. Available credits upon completing the 5-module course: 5.0 NC Credits, 5.0 NY Credits, 5.0 RACE C.E. Credits.
Daniel J. Fletcher, PhD, DVM, DACVECC is Associate Professor of Emergency and Critical Care at the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. He is co-chair of the RECOVER Initiative, which published the first evidence-based veterinary CPR guidelines in 2012, and has taught CPR courses all over the world.
Benefits to the Learner
- Rapidly recognize patients with cardiopulmonary arrest
Properly administer high-quality chest compressions using the most up-to-date approaches in dogs and cats
Provide mouth-to-snout or intubated ventilation according to current evidence-based guidelines
- Utilize effective communication and team skills that will improve your ability to manage emergent and critically ill patients
Target AudienceCPR: Basic Life Support is targeted at veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and support staff such as front desk staff, kennel workers, and administrative staff in all veterinary practice settings.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- CPR Package: Basic & Advanced Life Support for Veterinarians : Required Courses
- CPR Package: Basic & Advanced Life Support for Veterinary Technicians and Students : Required Courses
- CPR: Basic Life Support : Required Courses