You must correct the following errors to continue:
- The current information for the selected course has expired. To see the latest information, please search for this course again, then proceed with your enrollment.
Course DescriptionThe nutrients our bodies use fall into two major categories: macronutrients and micronutrients. In this course, you will learn about carbohydrates—macronutrients that comprise the majority of all calories we consume. You will explore why we need to eat carbohydrates, how their energy is transformed and stored in our bodies as glucose, and how diseases like diabetes can be managed by regulating the intake of carbohydrates and the expenditure of energy.
Faculty AuthorDavid Levitsky, Professor of Nutrition and Psychology, College of Human Ecology
Benefits to the Learner
- Explain how carbs get absorbed, transformed, and regulated
- Understand what happens when blood glucose levels are too high or too low
- Explain how to minimize the effects of diabetes
- Explain how the body creates energy from glucose
- Nutrition, health, and wellness professionals looking to gain a stronger understanding of the science of nutrition
- Fitness and sports professionals, including personal trainers and athletic coaches
- Anyone interested in personal wellness and living a healthier life
- Anyone interested in nutrition, weight loss, diet, and exercise
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Nutrition and Healthy Living : Required Courses