- Business leaders
- Technology leaders, including CTOs
- Developers and software engineers interested in learning blockchain fundamentals
- Anyone seeking to develop a greater understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Blockchain Essentials Certificate from Cornell Tech
- 32 Professional Development Hours (3.2 CEUs)
Blockchain has recently become synonymous with cryptocurrency, but its applications go far beyond financial transactions. Companies in every industry are just now beginning to understand how to apply blockchain-based solutions to solve business problems. In this certificate series, you will delve into the world of blockchain technology and its cryptographic underpinnings to demystify the technology and the promise it holds for business. Learning from world-renowned blockchain experts from Cornell Tech, you will begin by studying how cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin make use of the blockchain to facilitate peer-to-peer digital transactions. Then, with a solid understanding of the mechanics of the Bitcoin blockchain protocol, you will discover the problems blockchain technologies aim to solve and determine how they can support your business goals. Ultimately, you will walk away with a proposal for an application of blockchain technology in your organization.
For the best experience in this program it is strongly recommended to take these courses in the order that they appear.