- Individuals interested in moving into an analyst role
- Individuals seeking to leverage analytic skills
- Individuals and entrepreneurs who need to visualize data
- Anyone looking for a refresher on using a modern version of Excel
- Managers and executives
- Administrative and executive assistants
- Business Analytics Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 48 Professional Development Hours (4.8 CEUs)
Business problems need solutions based on data, not intuition. Yet most organizations struggle to translate the abundance of data they have today into meaningful business insights.
Now more than ever, data analytics, approached with a business management mindset, is an essential function for successful decision -making in every industry. It can help frame problems, create comparisons, forecast outcomes, and make predictions. And the people who can make meaning from data in a way that stakeholders and executives can easily understand often become some of the most valued people in a company.
In this certificate program, you will learn effective methods to analyze data and make better, more informed business decisions. Working with Excel as your go-to tool, you will master real-world spreadsheet modeling concepts, examine data cleaning methods to improve accuracy, and explore ways to manage data using Excel’s math and logic capabilities to their full potential. You will get a chance to visualize your data into compelling charts and dashboards to communicate your findings, and make simulated predictions based on what the data reveals. Whether you’re a manager or executive responsible for financial or functional reporting, an analyst, or an entrepreneur, this program will help you develop the kind of mission-critical business analytics skill set that will make you invaluable to any team.