- Women who are mid- to-senior level managers
- Women with 3-10 years experience who are aspiring to move into leadership roles
- Women in Leadership Certificate from Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- 40 Professional Development Hours (4 CEUs)
- 30 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
This five-course certificate program examines the issues facing women in leadership positions and offers strategies for handling them. Professor Deborah Streeter balances academic research regarding social norms and expectations with practical strategies for operating effectively within the workplace. She discusses how to outmaneuver the "double bind" dilemma, showing strong leadership qualities without being penalized for it. Professor Streeter discusses how women can best negotiate in the workplace, ways to effectively provide both positive and negative feedback and how they can strengthen their emotional intelligence to stand out as a leader among both men and women.
This certificate positions women who are in leadership positions to recognize when there is a gender dimension at work and how they can outstrategize gender bias and their own habits to achieve better results.