- HR generalists
- Compensation and benefits specialists
- Intermediate-level HR professionals
- New and aspiring human resource professionals
- Operational and financial decision-makers outside HR
- High-level HR professionals in small companies
- Governments/nonprofits interested in pay for performance
- Organizations that operate in the U.S.
- Compensation Studies Certificate from Cornell ILR School
- 40 Professional Development Hours (4 CEUs)
- 36 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification
- 4 recertification credits toward CCP, CBP, GRP, WLCP, CSCP, CECP and ACCP designations granted by WorldatWork
The certificate is ideal for individuals working to improve their organization’s compensation system so that it functions more effectively and aligns with their organization’s strategic, financial, and institutional objectives.
The courses in this certificate will equip you to:
Recognize and apply elements of the total-rewards framework
Identify how to effectively communicate and implement a compensation plan
Determine ways to align the compensation strategy to the talent strategy
Define performance in a contextually appropriate manner.
Recognize differences within the workforce that either facilitate pay for performance or make pay for performance more challenging.
Identify opportunities to improve pay-for-performance practices that are counterproductive or misaligned with organizations' needs.
Choose pay-for-performance elements to attract and retain key talent and superstars
Critically assess the improvements in attraction, retention, productivity, engagement and motivation associated with pay-for-performance systems