Leaders make the headlines on a regular basis – for their successes and their gaffes. After a particularly awful decision makes the news, do you ever wonder how that person could make such a dumb mistake? Mistakes and successes don’t happen in a vacuum. They are generally a culmination of decisions and actions the leader makes. But where do those decisions come from? Almost always, the leader’s character plays a role in decision-making and communications.
In this course, you will take the first steps on a lifetime journey of developing the character that will enable you to be the leader you envision.
Faculty AuthorAmy Newman
Benefits to the Learner
- Create a vision of the leader you want to become
- Develop a practice of regular self-reflection to build leadership character
- Implement new strategies to manage failure intellectually, emotionally, and/or physically
- Develop personal connections by demonstrating vulnerability
- Informal or formal leaders at any level in an organization
- Religious and faith-based leaders
- Humanitarian, non-profit, and NGO leaders
- Anyone who is part of a work team and can influence others
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-Program-512725 10.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-2VEHE 10.0 Credits