As organizations strive to succeed in a continuously evolving world, talent must be continuously assessed and evaluated to ensure alignment with strategic goals. It is no longer acceptable to serve in a consultant capacity on problems that arise or to offer strategic advice based solely on experience and policy. Today, HR teams must partner with senior leadership in driving effective and efficient change based on solid data and analysis.
Predictive analytics help organizations anticipate and plan appropriately for the future. In this course, learners will apply rigorous measurement and analysis techniques to common HR areas involving hiring top talent, evaluating workforce diversity, engaging the workforce, and managing retention. Through activities and assignments, learners will explore foundational frameworks that are relevant to analyses ranging from basic descriptions to more advanced predictive models that involve machine learning, artificial intelligence, or big data. As learners examine key inputs and data sources, they will use data to predict patterns and trends in areas such as diversity, engagement, and performance. Ultimately, students will use metrics and analytics to assess the current talent landscape of an organization and outline recommendations as they create a presentation for senior leadership.
This course assumes a basic comfort level in working with HR data and analysis. It is designed to equip students with the concepts, tools, and language specific to key areas within HR analytics. The course provides examples using Excel. Other data analytics software will not be presented, although the information shared is transferable for those fluent in other programs.
Faculty AuthorJohn Hausknecht
Benefits to the Learner
- Diagnose your workforce using an HR analytics framework
- Explore methods to measure, analyze, and interpret data for key areas of your workforce including hiring, engagement, diversity, and turnover/retention
- Outline issues uncovered, communicate your findings, and create recommendations for a non-technical audience
- HR Associates, Managers and Directors
- CHROs and VPs of HR
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-Program-512313 10.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number ORG-Program-512313 10.0 Credits