HR professionals today must consider the legal implications of policies and practices relating to employee leave, compensation, benefits, safety, workplace agreements, electronic communication, and privacy. These often go beyond questions of discrimination or employee treatment and require a basic awareness of relevant laws and the need for appropriate consultation when issues arise.
This course provides an overview of US laws in key areas, including the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and others. You will leave this course prepared to work with colleagues and legal experts to address legal issues within your organization.The courses Employment Law and Policy Issues and Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Treatment Issues are required to be completed prior to starting this course.
Faculty AuthorSusan Brecher
Benefits to the Learner
- Assess legal requirements in relation to employee benefits, medical and family leave, compensation, workplace agreements, safety, privacy, and other matters
- Apply a systematic approach to gather information and assess workplace issues
- Take steps to manage issues and obtain appropriate advice and legal counsel
- HR managers and executives in any industry
- HR professionals seeking to develop an area of specialization
- HR leaders expanding into the global market
- Legal professionals
- Global HR leaders
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 Hours Approval Number ORG-Program-512368 10.0 Hours
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-N24NE 10.0 Credits