In this course, you will create a strategy to turn a work group into a high-functioning team by evaluating challenges and applying techniques to generate positive team outcomes. Based on the research and expertise of Professor Kate Walsh, PhD, of Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration, you will learn how to enable a team to take ownership of its own success and shift leadership roles as the team assumes greater responsibility.
Using tools provided in this course, you will explore best practices in leading teams, assess case studies, and examine functional conflict. With the completion of an action plan at the end of the course, you will be ready to apply what you learn to your own organization.
Dr. Kate Walsh, PhD, Professor of management at the School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
Benefits to the Learner
- Create a strategy to create a high-functioning team
- Evaluate challenges and apply techniques to generate positive team results
- Apply leverage points for enabling the team to take ownership for its own success and shift leadership role as the team assumes greater responsibility
Target AudienceThis course is intended for students enrolled in eCornell’s Leadership Essentials Certificate (current and aspiring professionals in management) and professionals with under three years of leadership experience, working in or aspiring toward leadership roles. Learners may come from every continent and industry and from a diverse range of organizations, including for profits large and small, NGOs, and governmental agencies.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 6.0 Units Approval Number 2646-HAME502_6E 6.0 Units
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-509140 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-YET4A 10.0 Credits