In this course you will define and differentiate between leadership and management, develop a strategy for overcoming new leadership challenges, and evaluate motivational techniques and determine when to use them. You will also identify the skills needed to develop relationships crucial to your career development as a leader, based on the research and expertise of Professor Kate Walsh, Ph.D.
Using tools provided in this course, you will explore what motivates others, assess leadership styles, and examine communication with your leadership team. With the completion of an action plan at the end of the course, you will be ready to apply what you learn to your own organization.
Dr. Kate Walsh, Ph.D, Professor of management at the School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
Benefits to the Learner
- Define and differentiate between leadership and management
- A strategy for overcoming new leadership challenges
- Evaluate motivational techniques and determine when to use them
- Identify the skills and relationships you need to develop that are crucial to your career development as a leader
Target AudienceThis course is intended for students enrolled in
- Project Management Institute (PMI) 6.0 Units Approval Number 2646-HAME501_6E 6.0 Units
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) General Units 10.0 General Approval Number ORG-Program-509139 10.0 General
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 10.0 Credits Approval Number 20-SUKD3 10.0 Credits