Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Welcome to the Boots to Business Follow on course offerings.
The following courses provide an interconnected system of learning that allows flexibility and encompasses many paths to education. These online courses give participants the tools to determine the right path for themselves through assessment and comfort level. If you are not yet ready to start your business and want to build your entrepreneurial skills, see the Business Fundamentals courses below.
Market Research and Defining Market Fit
Instructor-led course that is designed for individuals who are ready to launch their business immediately. Completing this course should take about 72 hours over an 8 week period of time (three weeks of online coursework followed by a two week break and then the final three weeks of online coursework). There is no set time to be online. The course has assignment due dates over the duration of the 8 week time period that you are scheduled to be in the online course.
- Primary Market Research: this course teaches students how to use the tools for the creation of the value proposition and market validation.
- Defining and Redefining Product Market Fit: further discussion of how to apply the tools for the value proposition and market validation.
Thirteen on-demand courses that are designed for individuals to explore and build their entrepreneurial skills to ensure their success beyond the startup phase. Completing each course should take about 1 to 2 hours. You have 6 months from the date that you enroll to complete the course(s).
- Economics of the Business
- Understanding and Managing Risk
- Financing and Acquiring Resources for the Startup
- Competition and Key Partners
- Law for Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Sales Management for Entrepreneurs
- Understanding Financial Statements
- People Management for Entrepreneurs
- After Startup: Growing the Business
- Logistical Considerations for Starting Your Company
- Small Business Administration Resources
- Business Model Capstone (Prerequisite: This course should be the last taken in the series of Business Fundamentals courses)
Two on-demand courses to prepare individuals to connect with the U.S. Small Business Administration resources about the following topics.
- Social Enterprises
Completing each course should take about 1 hour. You have 6 months from the date that you enroll to complete the course(s).
To view the description, and additional information about a course, click "Boots2Business" under "Courses" below.
Steps to Enroll
- On this enrollment portal, select the course(s) you want to take.
- Select the course start date.
- Add the course(s) to your cart.
- Create a new account.
- Follow the prompts to enter your personal email address and create a password.
- Complete all required fields in your profile.
- Complete and Save your profile.
- Complete your transaction.
- Check the screen and your email for your transaction receipt.
- You will receive confirmation emails for the enrollment.
- The course(s) will be available on your portal the day the course begins.
To view the certificate requirements and details, click the certificate name below.
To view the description, dates and times offered, and additional information about a course, click the course name below.